OBN is a project funded by Erasmus + which brings together 7 partners to facilitate the development of an open badge ecosystem across Europe. Mozilla Open Badges is an open standard that allows all skills and achievements to be recognised and validated worldwide.
Open Badges allow people to share their achievements across the web to unlock progression opportunities. Schools, Universities, Employers and informal learning providers are using open badges to capture life long learning which is currently unrecognised.
Open Badge Network is a trusted source of independent information, tools and informed practice to support people who are interested in creating, issuing and earning badges across Europe. You can become a member of the Open Badge Network by registering here.
The specific aims of OBN are to:
- Create the conditions for a Europe-wide and world-wide recognition of learning achievements;
- To open and facilitate the systematic access to the recognition of non-formal and informal learning;
- To place formal and informal recognition of learning on a par;
- To create new employment and learning opportunities for all; and
- To bring a European contribution to the leadership of the world-wide Open Badge movement.
The mission and the main activities of the project are summarized in the OBN Charter