The Open Badge Network Mission
To establish Open Badge Network as a trusted source of independent information, tools and informed practice, facilitating a badge ecosystem to be developed across Europe.
The Partnership and Associate Partners of Open Badge Network agree to the following Charter:
- Advocate the adoption of Mozilla Open Badge standard across Europe to recognise learning achievements gained in variety of contexts
- Provide information, guidelines and use cases to enable the widest possible adoption of Open Badges across policy, education, employers, service providers and individuals
- Advocate for and enable social inclusion by ensuring marginalised groups are able to gain recognition for all their skills and achievements, supporting their personal and professional progression
- Raise the value and profile of informal and non-formal learning taking place outside of formal education
- Support on-going development of Mozilla’s open source backpack and other open badging tools, to ensure end users’ data is portable between systems and retained by the individual
We ask that all partners of the Open Badge Network agree to support and advocate this Charter.
See the full Charter here OBN Charter