The upcoming Badge Summit in Chicago focuses on the exploration of micro-credentials, access and equity. The summit is scheduled for June 23, 2018, at Columbia College Chicago.
The summit is organised along five strands:
- K-12 Implementation
- Higher Ed and Teacher Professional Development Badging
- Community and Cultural Organization Badging
- Workforce Readiness & Industry Badging and Micro-credentials
- Hot Topics in Badges and Micro-credentials
See more information about the schedule on the summit website:
NB: The summit is sponsored by participate, mindSpark and convergence design lab of Columbia College Chicago. One of the sponsors – Participate has recently published a free guidebook on micro-credentials, digital badges and open badges which touches upon the following topics:
- A brief history of micro-credentials in education
- How micro-credentials are used to recognize diverse accomplishments in school district settings and beyond
- Emerging technologies and the future of micro-credentials and digital badges
Great to see new events and publications on Open Badges coming up in 2018!