Output O6: European Open Badge Network (OBN)
The European Open Badge Network is dedicated to the provision of the infrastructure, services and resources needed to support the construction of the European Open Badges community.
- the publication of a dissemination and communication plan
- the production of branding materials
- the design and implementation of the Community Portal
- resources and handouts for the multiplier events
- the design and implementation of a MOOC
06-A1 Dissemination and Communication Plan
This document is designed to set up the Open Badge Network Dissemination and Communication Strategy and the implementation thereof. It includes the introduction of the dissemination process, tools, methods, a list of concrete steps to be delivered during the project span.
This result is the actual Open Badges Network portal designed using WordPress and BuddyPress. The OBN Portal includes among others:
- welcome page translated into 14 languages thanks to of OBN members,
- inventory of Open Badge projects around the world (interactive map),
- blog posts written by OBN partners and community members.
- events and gallery of pictures from the OBN events,
- collection of resources related to Open Badges,
- intellectual outputs downloadable as PDFs under CC licences,
- MOOC resources including webinar recordings.
Link to Community Portal:
06-A5 Resources and handouts
This result includes resources which were designed by project partners for multiplier events and other events in the Open Badge Network Project. This includes the following O6-A5 resources:
- OBN Project Brochure
- OBN Poster NA DAAD 2016
- OBN Poster Mozilla Festival 2016
- OBN Poster Open Education Global 2017
- OBN Diversity Scenario Template
- OBN Badge Design Canvas (German Version)
- OBN Affinity Diagramming for Scaling-up Open Badges
06-A6 Massive Open Online Course
An important element of the construction of the European Open Badge Network is the setting up of a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). The MOOC was organised in 3 separate sessions of 2-month duration each. A session contained modules of bi-weekly webinars with asynchronous activities to undertake and fora for discussions (lightly moderated by OBN partners). We included a range of activity types for each run of the MOOC, including optional activities participants can do to extend their learning.
The MOOC is running between : January 2017 – July 2017
Go to MOOC page
You must be logged in to create new topics.