Output O6: European Open Badge Network (OBN)
Leader: European Distance and E-Learning Network (EDEN)
The European Open Badge Network is dedicated to the provision of the infrastructure, services and resources needed to support the construction of the European Open Badges community.
- the publication of a dissemination and communication plan
- the production of branding materials
- the design and implementation of the Community Portal
- resources and handouts for the multiplier events
- the design and implementation of a MOOC
O6-A1 Dissemination and Communication Plan
This result is the Dissemination and Communication Plan and includes Dissemination Matrices supporting activities for the construction of the European Open Badge Network (community). The document describes the tools, methods, project branding and key messages for reaching out to the community of actual and potential OBN members and OB users. The Dissemination and Communication Plan summarises the general aims of the Open Badge network project, identifies stakeholders and stakeholder groups, sets the project outputs against the specific groups and suggests communication tools and actions to reach the stakeholders in a tailored way. Key performance indicators has been defined and a detailed dissemination matrix has been designed to follow up the realisation of dissemination activities and to harmonise those among the partnership.
This result is the actual Open Badges Network portal designed using WordPress and BuddyPress. The OBN Portal includes among others:
- welcome page translated into 14 languages thanks to of OBN members,
- inventory of Open Badge projects around the world (interactive map),
- blog posts written by OBN partners and community members.
- events and gallery of pictures from the OBN events,
- collection of resources related to Open Badges,
- intellectual outputs downloadable as PDFs under CC licences,
- MOOC resources including webinar recordings.
Link to the OBN Portal:
O6-A5 Resources and handouts
This result includes resources which were designed by project partners for multiplier events and other events in the Open Badge Network Project. This includes the following O6-A5 resources:
- OBN Project Brochure
- OBN Poster NA DAAD 2016
- OBN Poster Mozilla Festival 2016
- OBN Poster Open Education Global 2017
- OBN Diversity Scenario Template
- Digitalme Badge Design Canvas
- OBN Badge Design Canvas (German Version)
- OBN Affinity Diagramming for Scaling-up Open Badges
- OBN Quality Canvas Template
- OBN Quality Canvas (Completed Example)
- OBN Network Canvas
- OBN Network Canvas (Completed Example)
- Your Open Badge Story Worksheet
- OBN and Open Badge Presentation Deck (OE Global 2016)
O6-A6 Massive Open Online Course
This result includes the concept and design of the OBN MOOC (see: MOOC Specification below). An important element of the construction of the European Open Badge Network is the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) dedicated to Open Badges. The first run of the OBN MOOC in 2017 was organised in 3 separate sessions of 2-month duration each. A session contained modules of bi-weekly webinars with asynchronous activities to undertake and fora for discussions (lightly moderated by OBN partners). A wide range of activity types was included in each session of the MOOC, including optional activities participants can do to extend their learning.
The 3 OBN MOOC sessions in 2017 were:
- Session 1: Employers and Open Badges – 16 January 2017 – 10 March 2017
- Session 2: Policy and Open Badges – 13 March 2017 – 12 May 2017
- Session 3: Open Badges in Higher Education– 15 May 2017 – 09 July 2017
For more information please view the below documents:
You must be logged in to create new topics.